Welcome to All You Need is Blush! I thought there would be no better way to introduce myself than to list of all of my favorite products of the 2012. I am so excited for 2013 and look forward to sharing it on here.
(1) Eve Lom Cleanser: My favorite product. Ever. I cannot even put my love for this product into words. Eve Lom has dramatically transformed my skin. When I don’t use it, I notice a HUGE difference and immediately question why I ever strayed. It’s on the pricier side, especially for a cleanser, but it’s totally worth the investment.
(2) NARS Penny Lane: I’m a total NARS junkie but this blush takes the cake. A Sephora employee recommended it to me one day and I’ll be honest, I thought the mauve color was gross and belonged on someone above the age of 75. I tested it on my hand and instantly fell in love. The cream formula goes on as a sheer, dusty pink and is very easy to blend.
(3) philosophy ‘take a deep breath’ energizing oxygen gel cream moisturizer: The name says it all! I have combination skin and it gives my skin just the right amount of moisture.
(4) Batiste Dry Shampoo: I was instantly attracted to the cute and colorful bottles in Urban Outfitters but was hesitant to actually purchase one. I was a longtime user of Oscar Blandi’s line of dry shampoo. In the end, I couldn’t resist the leopard print bottle and bought it. I loveeeee this line SO much more than Oscar Blandi’s (and it’s cheaper!). They have great scents and they some are tinted (no more white residue!)
(5) butter LONDON Nail Foundation: Makeup for your nails! It is the perfect base coat. My polish doesn’t chip and it gives me a smooth base to work with when I’m doing my nails. It works especially well when you are using a lighter color polish.
(6) Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri: My current favorite scent. I purchased a lot of perfume in 2012, but I always ended up sneaking into my mom’s bathroom and “borrowing” it (sorry mom!). The citrus scent is perfect for summer but is also refreshing in the winter.
(7) Barielle Nail Strengthener Cream: My nails’ saving grace. I put it on every night before bed and wake up with strong nails and beautiful cuticles.
(8) Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution: I got this in my Birchbox a while back and when I finished the sample, I didn’t purchase the full size right away (BIG MISTAKE). When I finally got around to repurchasing I wondered what I was thinking….this product is a MIRACLE worker!!!!! It helps smooth out the surface of your skin and gradually erase spots. When I use the serum, I really notice an improvement in the overall quality of my skin.
(9) Boscia Luminizing Black Mask: Another Sephora employee rec— and another success! I apply the mask once a week. I apply a liberal amount on my T zone and then peel it off after about 15 minutes.
(10) Luster Premium White Luster Now! Instant Whitening Toothpaste: The only toothpaste I’ve come across that really whitens on the spot. Plus, it is much cheaper than most of the other whitening products on the market and really, really works.
(12) Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer: I am going to be 100% honest. I never thought foundation primer had an impact on making my foundation stay. I actually noticed it stay all day when I used this. It applies smoothly and reminds me of the Youngblood Mineral Primer (but it’s almost half the price!).