There’s a lot of work that goes into getting ready for a special event. From stopping by the tailor to booking your manicure, the to-do list seems endless. I have five days until prom, so I’ve outlined a five day guide to special event prep.
- Make sure your appointments are booked. This should really be done at least a week in advance to avoid stress.
- Detox time! Starting your day with warm water and lemon will jumpstart your metabolism, and rid your body of toxins. Aim to drink it immediately after waking up. NOTE: I’m currently obsessed with Your Tea’s Tiny Teatox. I drink it every morning an night, and have noticed a significant difference in my skin, bloating, and cramps. Link HERE.
- If you haven’t already dropped your dress/ outfit off to get altered, do so NOW!
- I prefer to get my nails done a few days in advance to prevent last minute stress. I usually opt for a gel manicure to ensure longevity (and I don’t want to mess with my future spray tan).
- Do your makeup research. Whether or not you’re doing your own makeup, find some inspiration pics to show your artist or copy. If you are doing your own makeup, make sure you have all of the products you need. And make a quick Sephora run if necessary 😉 .
- Are your makeup brushes clean? This makes such a big difference. If you need a refresher on how to clean your brushes, head over HERE.
- A couple of crunches are always helpful. Check out Ballet Beautiful youtube videos for a great 15 minute workout you can do in your living room.
- Need brow help? Today’s the day to get ’em waxed/threaded/tortured.
- It’s spray day. I like to book my appointments in the evening so I don’t have to go in public looking like a freak. Make sure you EXFOLIATE beforehand, and moisturize spots like your elbows and dry patches to prevent streaking. My favorite faux-tan methods over HERE.
- It’s here! Your appointments should allow ample time for a little bit of rest. There is nothing glamorous about rushing.
- Sip on an iced tea (or lemon water!) and light a candle. You’ve been pampering all week, so need to worry about a chipped nail or bushy brows.
- Make sure you moisturize. Dry skin is not Blush. You can even go the extra mile and use a bronzing body oil, like this one from NARS, for an extra glow.