Ah, the Oscars. The night the world comes together to judge whose spray tan looks like something out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and whose hair just did not work with their dress (ahem,
Cameron Diaz 2012). While the majority of us don’t get to walk the stairs of the Kodak, we do have events that we need to be red carpet ready for. In honor of my favorite Sunday of the year, I’ve assembled a guide to get you ready for your closeup, perfect for all events from prom to your sister’s wedding.
1 Week Before
- Make sure your outfit is picked out. Everything from your dress to your jewelry should be purchased and tried on. This is crucial because if something does not fit or isn’t as cute as it looked in the dressing room, you have time to find a backup.
- Teeth Whitening: In order to achieve the best results, start using whitening strips a week before the event. I recommend the Crest 3D Whitestrips. They’re available at Costco and seriously discounted! Also, make sure to use whitening toothpaste.
- Skincare: Drink one 8oz glass of water before you go to bed and immediately when you wake up. You will be shocked at your skin’s immediate improvement.
3 Days Before
- Skincare: Exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate! I cannot stress how important this is. Would Anne Hathaway every step foot on a red carpet with dry skin…? I didn’t think so. Read this post to find out how to get your skin super soft at a drugstore price.
- Glow: Take the extra step and give yourself a little glow. St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse is by far the best self-tanner on the market (review coming soon). It is a little pricier, but one bottle lasted me an entire summer. Jergens Natural Glow Facial Moisturizer is perfect for giving your skin a little pick me up. DO NOT “FAKE TAN” the day before your event. Start 3 days before, just in case you mess up. It gives you plenty of time to get it right!
- Plan: Establish your plans for your hair and makeup. If you are getting it professionally done, make sure your appointment is booked (don’t risk a walk in!). If you are doing your own hair, figure out the products and tools you need. The same goes for makeup.
- Nails: Head to your salon or check out this post. When you go to bed, apply A+D (pictured) to your cuticle beds and put on a pair of gloves. When you wake up, your nails will be mani-cam ready ;).
- Skin: Keep on exfoliating! Now’s the time to whip out your favorite face mask. I’m currently loving the June Jacobs Spa Collection Mandarin Moisture Masque. Note: make sure you’ve used it at least two times before you use it the day before. This will guarantee no break outs/ allergic reactions.
- Glow: Still fake baking? Good.
- Try on your ensemble one last time.
- Glow: Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs is a miracle product. Instead of the St. Tropez Mousse, spray this onto your legs. It gives you the perfect Hollywood glow (+ can’t beat the price!).
- Teeth Whitening: Mix about a tablespoon of baking soda with some water. Apply the paste directly onto your teeth for about 2 minutes and rinse off.
- Relax: Don’t stress! Your outfit is already picked out, your skin looks flawless and your nails are perfect.
I had the privilege of attending the Oscars last year. It was an experience I’ll NEVER forget!
Top: Stalking Bradley Cooper Bottom: Emma Stone
Twitter: @alluneedisblush Instagram: sophia__helen Facebook: All You Need Is Blush
6 thoughts on “RED CARPET READY”
This is really good – I have a wedding coming up in the middle of March so I should probably start following your plan 🙂
Great post, hope you’re having a lovely weekend! xx Karen. ps:following you now 🙂
Thank you Karen! xo
Do you have any makeup recomendations for a person with sensitive skin?
zOMG girl im so jelous that u went 2 the oscars. u r so kewl.
wow really precise videos Appreciate seeing this, thanks
I really love this subject and can’t read enough about it!